There are many reasons why a company may elect to change their registrar. Some of them are:
- Registrars Approach or Practices are rigid or are not flexible
- Registrar provides no perceived value to the Customer
- Customer and Registrar personality/philosophy differences
- Qualifications/Experience of Auditor(s)
- Travel Cost is too high
- Daily audit rates are too high
- Auditors try to find issues with your system rather than auditing to the standard. Most do this to justify their costs.
In the current economic condition many companies are re-evaluating the perceived benefits versus cost of their existing registrar. In many instances, selecting a new registrar to address cost and other issues are necessary.